02/11/2016

600 Posts!

It's that time of year again when I get to celebrate another 100 posts on this blog! To be honest I'm kind of surprised that I managed to reach this milestone before the end of the year, but I've actually been more prolific on here this year than I've been in any year since 2012 (and since 2016 isn't over yet, I could theoretically still surpass 2012's number of posts too). There have been a couple of reasons for this - I might get into them in my end-of-year round-up.

Anyway, long-time readers will know that this is traditionally where I go through the search terms that Google Analytics says led people to my blog and pick out some funny ones. You never know where that might lead... for example last time, when I celebrated 500 posts, I decided on a whim to reply to a question about how to solo a heroic and uploaded the result to YouTube. That video has since become the second most watched video on my YouTube channel!

Sadly the number of search terms that Google provides me with is getting smaller every time... and I don't think it's just because of fewer searches happening. Anyway, here are the few interesting ones I found this time:

crazy ass assassin droid


"Objection: This designation is not accurate and considered insulting."

kotfe arcann romance

Just... no! I knew that there were people out there who wanted to romance Vaylin purely because she's good-looking, never mind her being crazy and evil, but Arcann? Come on... What does he even have going for him?

kotfe song during repair of the gravestone

That's actually a good question! I knew that it was one of the more common pieces of cantina music, but I didn't know which one. I've now googled it just for you, anonymous person (and to satisfy my own curiosity), and it appears to be the track that is known as either "See You on the Dark Side" or "Moisture Vaporation".

make tatooine great again

...

Apparently you can buy a t-shirt with this slogan.

swtor belvedere

I couldn't quite figure out why anyone would google this combination of words. Belvedere is the name of a district in London, but neither of the London community cantinas took place there. It's also the name of a palace in Vienna. Wikipedia tells me that the word can also be used to describe "an architectural structure sited to take advantage of a fine or scenic view", so I guess this query could have been housing-related? Though no, as far as I'm aware there is no such thing in any of the strongholds or available as a large decoration. Now if you'll excuse me, I've got the Mr. Belvedere theme song stuck in my head... (EDIT: Stardust on Twitter responded with this.)

5 comments :

  1. It's not just SWTOR that has had an influx of "Make XXX Great Again!"

    I've seen posts on LOTRO for "Vote Sauron: Make Middle-earth Great Again!" or "Make Mordor Great Again!" (Your choice.)

    I'd kind of hate to see what the WoW Trade Chat denizens have come up with...

    ReplyDelete
  2. According to SWTOR.com the 2013 London Cantina's pre-event gathering was at the London Film Museum, the address of which is 1 Belvedere Road, Lambeth.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's an interesting piece of fact, but still unlikely to be the explanation in this case as these searches were all from this year.

      Delete
  3. Congratulations! I always enjoy your witty comments on the search terms immensely. Now I'm happily listening to Moisture Vaporation. Great tune!

    ReplyDelete

Share your opinion! Everyone is welcome, as long as things stay polite. I also read comments on older posts, so don't be shy. :)